Society Wellness was launched to share our personal passion for overall wellness, which includes taking vitamins and supplements on a regular basis. We want to share the main reasons why we love them so much! Let’s start by defining vitamins and supplements:
A group of organic compounds that are essential for normal cell function, growth, and development. They are vital to our health, meaning we can’t live without them. The letters (A, B, C and so on) were assigned to the vitamins in the order of their discovery. The one exception was vitamin K which was assigned its “K” from the Danish “Koagulation”.
Nutrients used to complement the diet. They include essential and non-essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, herbs, fiber, fatty acids, enzymes, and amino acids. These are nutrients that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person’s diet.
Top 20 Reasons we take and love Vitamins and Supplements:
1. My nails and hair are longer and stronger.
2. I know I eat healthy, but vitamins ensure I’m getting all of the nutrients I need.
3. I feel little to no mid-day slump when I take them consistently.
4. My mind feels sharp and clear.
5. I love doing something good for my body.
6. Regis Philbin credits vitamins for keeping him feeling great at 80 years old!
7. Supports my immune system.
8. When I don’t have easy access to nutrient dense organic food, I know my supplements are helping to fill the gaps.
9. Keeps my energy levels rockin’!
10. In the case of a bummer infection, quicker recovery time with my supplements.
11. Convenient! Fast and easy! Pop extra nutrients anytime, anywhere!
12. You can feel the difference. (when you use high-quality supplements)
13. Prevention. Giving my body extra good stuff it can use to help keep away so many of the devastating diseases today. I’d rather stack the odds in my favor.
14. I want to look and feel youthful for as long as possible. Supplements are just one of the natural ways to help me achieve that.
15. When in capsule form, you get extra nutrition without extra sugar or calories!
16. Assists with recovery time after strong physical activity (ex. Olympic triathlon)!
17. When taking a high quality vitamin I don’t feel nausea afterwards (there’s a big difference with quality)!
18. There are many kinds and combinations of supplements you can take to support YOUR needs – one size does not fit all.
19. Economical! One supplement is generally supporting many different areas of your body!
20. Safe – there has never been any (zero) fatalities from vitamin or supplement consumption. Read more.
Photo Credit ehow.com
Disclaimer: These are personal opinions why we take vitamins and supplements as consumers. This information is based on personal experiences and opinions only. You should not use any of this information for the purpose of self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Information and statements provided have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any health condition or disease.