Michelle’s daughter attends a nut-free elementary school. This seed butter recipe was tweaked and embellished from one that she found online while researching nut butter alternatives. It is very easy to make and tastes just as good, if not better, than nut butters.
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds, unsalted
1/4 cup whole flaxseed
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 – 2 tablespoons raw honey
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds for at least 8-12 hours, in warm filtered water.
- Bake in the oven on the lowest heat setting until completely dry to prevent any mold from forming.
- Process all of the seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- Gradually add the coconut oil as needed to prevent the mixture from getting too hard.
- Add honey and cinnamon while food processor is still on and process until mixture is combined.
Recipe and photo by Michelle