Everyone poops. Or do they? Healthy babies poop, right? They eat, they poop, they eat, they poop; this is natural, until adults screw it up with an un-natural diet.
Constipation = having less than one full healthy bowel movement per day. This is a toxic burden which includes the build up of waste in the colon and intestinal lining, leading to increased water retention and inflammation in the cells, or “bloating”.
Achieving your best health and perfect weight is impossible if you are chronically constipated. Want a flat stomach? You gotta poop (detox).
Goal: to have at least one healthy bowel movement per day, 2 or 3 would be even better. But not by means of taking laxatives.
Detox this way
Start with these simple solutions. Dedicate yourself to consistently trying as many of the following tips as needed to achieve results. If no improvement after 4-8 weeks, seek a qualified health care practitioner. You may have underlying issues that should be addressed.
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
2. Eat a minimum of 6 servings of veggies and 4 serving of fruit everyday.
If you are already doing that, then try eating nothing but the 4+ servings of fruit in the morning, and no fruit the rest of the day. Add the other basic principles of food combining if you like:
- meat with veggies only
- dairy with veggies only
- “starches” with veggies only
Meat, dairy, and “starches”(potato, rice, pasta, grains/breads) are not combined in the same meal.
3. Don’t eat after 8:00 p.m. This gives your body more time to break down food that you have consumed toward the end of the day. Once that task is complete, the body can work on breaking down other stuff besides food like excess fats, toxins, yeasts, fungus, damaged tissues, viruses and bacteria.
4. Do some kind of moderate exercise everyday for at least 20 minutes.
5. Add supplements like these to your daily routine: digestive enzymes, probiotics, and aloe.
Get a more detailed outline of this food combining philosophy in this post.